background

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Geography With My Class

This year, the curriculum for my 5th and 6th grade class is called Exploring Countries and Cultures (from My Father's World curriculum). That means my class gets to embark on a world tour of many different countries and peoples. This should be especially fun because I have an international class.  So far, the students have really enjoyed studying maps and getting their 'passports' ready for the educational journey. Every two weeks, we will be starting a different country.  So what better way to prepare for our geography adventure than by making a cake of the world?? The kids did all the decorating - and then acted like Godzilla as they ate parts of continents ("AAAAaahh I just ate my friends in North America - YUMMMMM!").

1 comment: